1. Running water. When I'm thirsty, I only need to lift a handle. And it's clean. Amazingly, some places in the world still don't have this luxury.
2. Indoor plumbing. I live in Michigan. It's winter. Nuff said.
3. Electricity. Keeps me cool in summer, warm in winter. Let's me read till 1 in the morning and brews my coffee the next morning to help me wake up. Loving this one.
4. Washing Machine. Don't even want to imagine lugging my unmentionables down to the river each week...
5. Stove. I set marshmallows aflame and char hot dogs all summer long. So glad I don't have to cook over an open fire regularly.
One thing that stood out to me as I made this list is I'm not simply blessed to live in a time period after these things were invented, but in a home that has them. Not everyone is afforded these luxuries which to us are everyday common items. So today, when I tackle my Mount Laundry, I'm going to try and complain a little less. Because when I really look around me, this list grows and grows.
Okay, your turn. What invention are you most thankful for?