Today, well today I want to focus on renewal! Spring is springing up all over, making all things new--and that's a beautiful picture of our God, isn't it? So...
1) I am thankful He makes all things new. And the one sitting on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And he said to me, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." (Rev.21:5) Love that - His words are faithful AND true!! Means we can count on Him and believe Him. (ohhhh, and check out 2 Corinthians 5:17 - spring truly is like living in a picture of what God can do in our lives. The old is gone! The new has come!!)
2) He makes everything beautiful in its time. (Ecc.3:11) Because true beauty takes time, right ladies:)
3) He shares that beauty with us. See how the flowers of the field grow, they do not labor or spin. I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the fields, will he not much more clothe you? (Matthew 6:28-30) That verse tells me two things. First, God made the flowers in amazing splendor that man cannot duplicate--but a splendor we get to enjoy! And second, He will tap into that splendor to bless our lives in ways that exceed even our wildest dreams!
4) He has a season for everything . (Ecc. 3:1) (I wrote about that on Monday and am living in that right now, so very thankful for the seasons in my life!)
5) And...on a lighter note...So thankful for the warmer temperatures which means the kids and I can get outside, run, and play without being bundled up like Randy from Christmas Story.
So how about it? What is spring singing to ya'll right now?