Today, well today I want to focus on renewal! Spring is springing up all over, making all things new--and that's a beautiful picture of our God, isn't it? So...
1) I am thankful He makes all things new. And the one sitting on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And he said to me, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." (Rev.21:5) Love that - His words are faithful AND true!! Means we can count on Him and believe Him. (ohhhh, and check out 2 Corinthians 5:17 - spring truly is like living in a picture of what God can do in our lives. The old is gone! The new has come!!)
2) He makes everything beautiful in its time. (Ecc.3:11) Because true beauty takes time, right ladies:)
3) He shares that beauty with us. See how the flowers of the field grow, they do not labor or spin. I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the fields, will he not much more clothe you? (Matthew 6:28-30) That verse tells me two things. First, God made the flowers in amazing splendor that man cannot duplicate--but a splendor we get to enjoy! And second, He will tap into that splendor to bless our lives in ways that exceed even our wildest dreams!
4) He has a season for everything . (Ecc. 3:1) (I wrote about that on Monday and am living in that right now, so very thankful for the seasons in my life!)
5) And...on a lighter note...So thankful for the warmer temperatures which means the kids and I can get outside, run, and play without being bundled up like Randy from Christmas Story.
So how about it? What is spring singing to ya'll right now?
Spring is reminding me of the wonderful-ness of change and newness and excitement!ReplyDelete
Although, I do have to say, this winter wasn't all that shabby. I often end up with a case of serious winter blues around February or March, but winter was so friendly this year!
Hey! I love your new look, Susan! :)ReplyDelete
Spring always warms my body and my heart. Looking forward to new songs, new life, new paths!
Melissa - I know, it wasn't all that bad, was it? February is typically the longest month for me to get through, and this year it rushed by!ReplyDelete
Jess - thanks:) I can't believe ya'll are on spring break already. We don't get that for a few more weeks - hope it's going great!
Hurray for Spring! :) Don't you just love it. :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for the reminder of praise and thankfulness, Susan.
I love Spring, but at the moment we're on about day 3 of rain, with at least four more on the horizon. :::sigh::: It's dark and dreary, and very much like winter here. But, I know the sun and warmth are coming.ReplyDelete
In the meantime, I love that he is making *me* new -- day by day! Like you, I can be a crabby pants when left to my own devices, so I love that He keeps me in line. ;-)
Praying that you enjoy the rest of your week!