The sun still burns. You don't outgrow this, no matter how often you think you have. So when spending 10 AM - 4 PM outside in the blazing sun, wear sunscreen. Every time. Or yes, you will look like a lobster by that evening.
Next we went to Cedar Point where I learned lots of new lessons:
1) When your hubby finds a hole in the fence, don't follow him through. I've now had my first ride in the back of a cop car...with all my children AND one of their friends. Yes. We are the responsible group.
2) Though mentally I'm still an adrenaline junkie, physically I'm older than I realize. If over 35, buy stock in Dramamine and Advil before you go.
3) When a coaster gets stuck with you on it and after a loooong period of time they roll you back and say they're "re-launching" you, pray. And hold on tight.
|Our "selfie" after we'd been sitting in this position for 15 minutes.|
Then we celebrated my Hubby's 40th. That along with our homeschooling year beginning tomorrow and the recent passing of my father-in-law has taught me this:
1) Life goes SO fast. This is our 9th year homeschooling. When we started this venture, they all looked like this:
and now they look like this:
2) I truly CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me. And...
3) He IS all we need. Even still, He's blessed us with some pretty beautiful relationships around us. We need to enjoy every single second with them. Because time is constantly moving.
So for all of you who are bidding good-bye to summer and for those of you who already have, I'll be praying this fall is a wonderful one for you! And that it's full of a few more lessons and certainly a lot of laughs.
Oh. And salted caramel mochas. Because life is just sweeter with them:)