1) a fresh breeze that was warm enough to enjoy
2) watching my girls curled up reading a book and smiling
3) hearing my husband teach my son so I can have a break
4) grace extended from my children in the mistakes I make as a mom
5) hugs from my kids that nearly choke me...pray they always hold on tight
6) dirty bare feet on my children on the first day warm enough to run outside without shoes
7) a free coffee on a night I really needed it
I've noticed this thing happening lately that at first I struggled with. In fact, it's been a struggle for the better part of a year...gray hair. Nothing has made me feel older. Oh, a few things have come close, but this is the one that puts me over the edge. Not even going to lie, I make sure to cover it:) Easy to do right now as it's only a few strands, but they are still there. Still, as I've challenged myself this year (and let's be honest, it's really a challenge from God) to measure my worth through him and him alone, even the site of those gray hairs is changing.
They are beautiful. Each one earned. Each one a reminder that God has blessed me with life. And wisdom. I'm aging, no denying it. No denying either that as we age with God it is a beautiful thing. We are more than a number:) And I'm going to take as many numbers to my years as he wants to give!
Praying you know you are more than a number today and that your eyes are open to the blessings around you and beauty in you today!